South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity Grabs Lead In Fifth Inning For Victory Over Chattahoochee
- South Forsyth took the lead late and defeated Chattahoochee 7-1 on Monday. The game was tied at one with South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity batting in the bottom of the fifth when Sean Zweber uncorked a wild pitch, scoring one run.
- South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity secured the victory thanks to six runs in the fifth inning. South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity scored on a single by Max Schmal, a single by Landon Sims, a passed ball, a single by Grant Gerberding, and a error.
- In the bottom of the fourth inning, South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity tied things up at one. South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity scored one run when Gerberding singled with two outs in the fourth inning.
- Brennan Vincent earned the win for South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity. He pitched six innings, giving up one run, six hits, striking out seven, and walking one. Sean Zweber took the loss for Chattahoochee. He tossed four innings, giving up six runs, nine hits, and striking out two.
- South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity had 12 hits in the game. Grant Pearce, Matty Bapst, Gerberding, Bradley Prince, Jr., and Schmal each collected multiple hits for South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity. Schmal, Prince, Jr., Gerberding, Bapst, and Pearce each collected two hits to lead South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity. South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity was sure-handed and didn't commit a single error.
- Zach Solomon led Chattahoochee with one run batted in. He went 1-for-2 on the day.
- "Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2017. All rights reserved." Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.