South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity Falls In Back-And-Forth Affair Against Lanier
- Even though South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity and Lanier both had their opportunities, it was Lanier that eventually prevailed 5-2 on Monday. The game was tied at two with Lanier batting in the bottom of the fourth when Noah Fritz doubled off of Brennan Vincent, driving in one run.
- Lanier took an early lead in the second inning. Matt Rusch grounded out, scoring one run.
- In the bottom of the third inning, Lanier tied things up at two. An error scored one run for Lanier.
- Lanier took the lead for good with one run in the fourth inning.
- Nick Tanner earned the win for Lanier. He threw five innings, giving up zero runs, two hits, and striking out four. Brennan Vincent took the loss for South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity. He pitched five and a third innings, giving up five runs, 11 hits, striking out five, and walking zero.
- Noah Fritz started the game for Lanier. He pitched two innings, allowing two runs, three hits, and striking out one.
- Max Schmal, Bradley Prince, Jr., Grant Gerberding, Grant Pearce, and Matty Bapst each collected one hit to lead South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity.
- Lanier had 11 hits in the game. Jadyn Jackson, Chase Smith, and Fritz each collected multiple hits for Lanier. Jackson led Lanier with three hits in three at bats. Lanier was sure-handed and didn't commit a single error. Lawson Baweja made the most plays with 11.
- "Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2017. All rights reserved." Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.