South Forsyth takes out Norcross 6-5
- South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity got out to a five-run lead in the second inning and held on for a 6-5 victory over Norcross on Thursday. Norcross scored five runs in the failed comeback on a single by Ray Peng in the fourth, a single by Max Tracey in the fourth, a single by Cory Kelly in the fourth, and a home run by Darius Foster in the fifth.
- South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity grabbed an early lead. South Forsyth War Eagles Varsityscored on a error in the first inning, a error in the second inning, a walk by Grant Pearce in the second inning, and a walk by Landon Sims in the second inning.
- South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity took an early lead in the first inning. An error scored two runs for South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity.
- South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity scored three runs in the second inning. The big inning was thanks to a error, a walk by Pearce, and a walk by Sims.
- Norcross scored four runs in the fourth inning. Norcross's big inning was driven by a single by Ray Peng, a single by Max Tracey, and a single by Cory Kelly.
- Ben Ferrer earned the win for South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity. He pitched four and a third innings, surrendering five runs, five hits, and striking out nine. Ben Alexander recorded the last eight outs to earn the save for South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity. Gabe Grosswald took the loss for Norcross. He went one-third of an inning, surrendering two runs, and zero hits.
- Cooper Stinson started the game for Norcross. He pitched one inning, allowing three runs, three hits, striking out three, and walking one.
- Max Schmal, Pearce, and Sims each drove in one run to lead South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity. South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity didn't commit a single error in the field.
- "Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2017. All rights reserved." Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.