South Forsyth War Eagles JV Jumps Out To Early Lead In Victory Over North Forsyth
- South Forsyth JV squad grabbed an early lead on its way to a 12-6 victory over North Forsyth on Saturday. South Forsyth War Eagles JV scored on a walk by Steven Thompson in the first inning, a single by Trent Graham in the first inning, a fielder's choice by Colby Wheeler in the first inning, a stolen base by Parker Saik in the first inning, a double by Tyler Cowan in the second inning, and a double by Thompson in the second inning.
- Both offenses were strong at the plate as South Forsyth War Eagles JV collected 13 hits and North Forsyth eight
- South Forsyth War Eagles JV captured the lead in the first inning. Steven Thompson drove in a run when he walked with the bases loaded.
- North Forsyth scored three runs in the seventh inning. North Forsyth scored its runs on a home run by Jeremy McGinnis.
- Dylan Mazzei earned the win for South Forsyth War Eagles JV. He threw four innings, giving up three runs, four hits, striking out five, and walking one. Thompson threw two innings, as two relievers helped South Forsyth War Eagles JV finish off the victory. Garrett Sagro took the loss for North Forsyth. He pitched two-thirds of an inning, surrendering four runs, two hits, and striking out one.
- Cole Kliphouse, Trent Graham, Cameron Fox, and Jake Witterman each collected multiple hits for South Forsyth War Eagles JV. Graham and Kliphouse each collected three hits to lead South Forsyth War Eagles JV.
- McGinnis, Ty Morrison, and Garrett Staton each collected multiple hits for North Forsyth. North Forsyth didn't commit a single error in the field. Adam Duckwall had the most chances in the field with five.
- "Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2017. All rights reserved." Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.