South Forsyth War Eagles JV Wins Back-And-Forth Affair Against West Forsyth
- SF JV and West Forsyth played a taut affair on Saturday, but South Forsyth War Eagles JV eventually prevailed 9-6 after taking the lead for good in the sixth inning. The game was tied at six with South Forsyth War Eagles JV batting in the bottom of the sixth when Peyton Rawlins singled off of Ethan Avillia, driving in one run.
- South Forsyth War Eagles JV collected seven hits and West Forsyth had 11 in the high-scoring affair
- South Forsyth War Eagles JV took an early lead in the first inning. With one out in the first inning Steven Thompson drove in two runs when he doubled.
- West Forsyth scored three runs in the fifth inning. West Forsyth's big inning was driven by a triple by Marc Ellenburg, a double by Chance Burns, and a single by Greg Murphy.
- Matthew Tesvich earned the win for South Forsyth War Eagles JV. He tossed four innings, surrendering three runs, six hits, striking out seven, and walking one. Ethan Avillia took the loss for West Forsyth. He pitched two and a third innings, surrendering five runs, five hits, and striking out one.
- Dylan Mazzei started the game for South Forsyth War Eagles JV. He tossed three innings, allowing three runs, five hits, and striking out three. Jordan Ballent started the game for West Forsyth. He pitched three and a third innings, allowing four runs, two hits, and striking out four.
- Colby Wheeler, Liam Kilgore, and Thompson each drove in two runs to lead South Forsyth War Eagles JV. South Forsyth War Eagles JV stole nine bases during the game as three players stole more than one. Kilgore led the way with three.
- Murphy and M Strilecki each collected multiple hits for West Forsyth.
- "Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2017. All rights reserved." Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.